I don’t update this site too often anymore, but I found myself motivated enough to put together another mix for 2012. I’ve also cobbled together the start of a list and plan on posting that soon (for real). For now, though, let’s get to the mix.
As with the mix from last year, this one isn’t quite as crazy as some of the ones I’ve done in the past, but I think it turned out pretty well, and some of the transitions are killer (check that Villalobos – Burial glide). Artwork is to the right and you can save the mix by doing a right-click and save as on the image itself or on this link right here.
It’s pretty obvious from the mix (and will be even more so from my upcoming list), but electronic music almost completely dominated my ears in 2012. It was one of the best years for the genre (and related ones) for as long as I could remember. These are by no means my favorite songs, nor the definitive list of favorite albums, but it’s a good inclusion, and hopefully you’ll like it and maybe even hear something new.
- 00.00.00 – 00.05.30 | Raime – Your Cast Will Tire
- 00.05.00 – 00.11.03 | Andy Stott – Numb
- 00.10.32 – 00.15.35 | Ricardo Villalobos – Grumax
- 00.14.50 – 00.21.53 | Burial – Loner
- 00.20.42 – 00.25.12 | Death Grips – Hacker
- 00.25.12 – 00.27.43 | Larry Gus – Jaw Throb
- 00.27.34 – 00.32.10 | Twin Shadow – Run My Heart
- 00.31.41 – 00.38.04 | Julia Holter – Goddess Eyes II
- 00.37.58 – 00.45.05 | Blondes – Hater
- 00.44.55 – 00.49.14 | Grimes – Be A Body
- 00.49.10 – 00.52.34 | Beat Connection – Palace Garden, 4AM
- 00.52.27 – 00.56.28 | John Talabot – Journeys (Feat. Ekhi)
- 00.56.27 – 01.00.52 | Japandroids – Adrenaline Nightshift
I hope that you’ve had a great 2012 and have an excellent 2013. I’ll be back with a little more new content in early 2013. See you soon.